Empty Nester? Retired? Student? Committed Community Member? Do you have an interest in making our community safer? Do you have a genuine willingness to help others? Consider being part of our mission: People helping people transition from incarceration into community.
Volunteers are needed to be in weekly support group meetings for ex-offenders recently released from incarceration. Opportunities include providing support at weekly Circles of Support meetings, conducting intakes with new participants, meeting 1:1 with participants, and/or transporting participants. Be a part of the solution. All interested volunteers over age 22 encouraged to inquire.
One year commitment requested. All training provided. Time commitment varies to your needs and wants.
Circles of Support holds supports group meetings (Circles) that bring together several volunteers with several participants in order to assist the participants in navigating their first weeks or months out of prison. Volunteers listen, give feedback, reinforce positive behaviors, connect with resources, and hold participants accountable for their choices.
Mission Statement: People helping people transition from incarceration to the community.
Vision Statement: Promote safer communities through successful transition.
- Foster an environment of acceptance for the individual's return to the community
- Promote positive social interaction and responsibility
- Focus on the future rather than the past
- Focus on the individual's strengths and struggles
- Plan for success - Support and recognize individual accomplishments
- Mobilize community resources